A game of cops and robbers isn’t complete without a pair of handcuffs – and these are speedy to make. As they are only cardboard, you will need a fairly compliant villain, as resisting arrest might cause them to break.
What we used
- Kitchen roll tube
- Wrapping paper tube (or any thin cardboard tube)
- Silver spray (not essential)
- Scissors and stapler
- Cut three bands from kitchen roll tube for the handcuffs; we needed to attach an extra half of a band to each cuff to make them big enough. Use stapler to attach and join.
- Cover the cuffs with foil; just wrap it around and scrunch it a bit to secure.
- Cut the links from the thinner tube, loop together by cutting each one open and then reattaching with staple. Spray silver if you have any in the cupboard – and a patient enough child to wait for it to dry.