This interactive washing line in a card is really simple to make. It is also a fun way to encourage your child’s fine motor control by getting them to take clothes out of the basket and peg them on the line.
What you’ll need
- White card
- Mini clothes pegs (or those plastic clips you get with shirt packaging)
- Scraps of fabric
- Coloured paper
- Stapler, scissors and sticky tape
- Paints or felt-tip pens
What to do
- Fold a piece of card in half (we used A4 but any size is fine). Draw your background (Eddie drew sun, blue sky and our family on the grass using Chubbie Paint Markers).
- Cut slits in the top corners of card, thread string through to create washing line, and secure at the back with sticky tape.
- To make basket, draw a large rectangle (twice the size you want the basket to be) with a handle onto coloured paper. Cut it out, fold it in half lengthways and then fold into outer edges, fasten with sticky tape. Attach to card with sticky tape or using a stapler.
- Cut clothes shapes out of fabric and peg onto line or place in basket.